This year, the grants department is focusing on Developing and Delivering. This includes personal and professional development within our department while delivering quality results to the City of North Las Vegas.
Our fiscal year 2022-2023 goals are:
- Apply for funding to support city public services, infrastructure, and other community needs
- Provide grant management and compliance services to all City departments
- Award ARPA funding through grants to nonprofits supporting public health, education, economic development, and housing.
- Actively engage in community service projects
- Continue to pursue professional development opportunities for Grants Development and Administration staff.
- Provide relevant training to City departments
- Develop a monthly reconciliation report to track project progress
- Create a sustainable grant management process that works for all departments
- Minimize compliance issues and audit findings related to grant awards
The City of North Las Vegas partners with Nevada GrantLab to provide a list of available funding opportunities. All current grant opportunities through the City of North Las Vegas can be found on the Nevada GrantLab website here.
The City of North Las Vegas serves more than 271,641 residents and each of them has been impacted by the unprecedented effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The U.S. Treasure's State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) is a generational opportunity for the City to address the disproportionate effects of coronavirus on our communities to ensure an equitable, strategic, and lasting recovery. Click here to download the SLFRF report which details North Las Vegas' plan and progress in programming these dollars in a way that meets both the immediate and ongoing needs of today while thoughtfully addressing the long-term opportunities of tomorrow.