Housing & Neighborhood Services Offices
2250 Las Vegas Boulevard North, Suite 200
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Phone: (702) 633-1532
Fax: (702) 642-1511
Housing & Neighborhood Services Manager: Rick Damian
The Housing & Neighborhood Services Division offers a variety of programs which are designed to enhance affordable housing and promote public services throughout North Las Vegas.
City of North Las Vegas
Substantial Plan Amendment for COVID-Related Activities
The City of North Las Vegas proposes to reprogram $674,000 in Community Development Block Grant COVID (CDBG-CV) funds from its Fiscal Year 2019 to 2020 Annual Action Plan allocations.
The Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan are to identify the City’s housing and community development needs, priorities, goals, and strategies; and to stipulate how funds will be allocated to housing and community development activities.
The $674,000 of CDBG-CV funds are from the unspent balance of the COVID mortgage assistance program that will expire on September 30, 2022. Through a substantial amendment to the City’s Annual Action Plan, these CDBG-CV funds will be reallocated to other vital community development activities: $85,000 to Pop Up Food Pantry Program; $120,000 to Senior Meals Distribution Program; and $469,000 to Small Business Forgivable Loan Program.
The program reallocation will continue to support food insecurity and prevent the spread of the coronavirus for vulnerable populations. The City’s Small Business Forgivable Loan Program has been successful in keeping business open during the pandemic.
If you would like to comment on the proposed amendments, please respond in writing or via phone call no later than 5:00 PM PT on September 20, 2022, to:
Housing & Neighborhood Services
City of North Las Vegas
2250 Las Vegas Blvd., Suite 200
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
E-mail Form Link
The City of North Las Vegas Community Services and Engagement Department, Housing & Neighborhood Services Division is pleased to announce the availability of applications for the Emergency Solutions Grant and Community Development Block Grant for the FY 2023-2025. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a grant provided by the Federal government through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Emergency Solutions Grant is to assist individuals and families quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. Applicants should note that the award of grants is subject to the availability of funds.
ESG and CDBG Public Services information, application guidelines, forms and related information will be available online at www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com and applications must be submitted through www.zoomgrants.com
Applications open on October 20, 2022.
Pre-applications are due on or before November 4, 2022.
Applications are due on or before November 18, 2022 at 11:00p.m.
Orientation meetings have been scheduled to review both the CDBG and the ESG application process and requirements. Training will be held virtually and registration is necessary. These sessions will be held at the following times:
ESG Application Technical Assistance
October 19 & 20, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
CDBG Public Services Application Technical Assistance
October 19 & 20, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
CDBG Applicant organizations can be either a: (1) public agency, or (2) private, non-
profit entity with current 501 (c) (3) or (4) status. Eligible projects and activities
must serve low/moderate income residents of the City of North Las Vegas and must
meet one of the following National Objectives:
1. Benefit low/moderate income persons,
2. Prevent or eliminate slum or blight, or
3. Meet other urgent community development needs.
ESG Applicant organizations can be either a: (1) public agency, or (2) private, non-
profit entity with current 501 (c) (3). Eligible projects and activities must serve
low/moderate income residents of the City of North Las Vegas and must meet one of
the following activities:
1. Street Outreach: funds may cover costs related to essential services for
unsheltered persons (including emergency health or mental health care,
engagement, case management, and services for special populations.
2. Homelessness Rapid Re-Housing: components fund housing and
stabilization services (including rental application fees, security deposits, utility
deposits or payments, last month’s rent and housing search and placement
3. Homelessness Prevention: prevent and individual or family from moving
into emergency shelter or location not meant for humans through housing relation
and stabilization services.
For further information, please contact Jaini Christison at 702-633-2764 or
The City of North Las Vegas does not discriminate against persons based on race,
color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference,
familial status, disability or any arbitrary basis. If you need special assistance in
order to read and understand the information contained herein, please call the
Neighborhood Services Division at 702-633-1532.
- 2021-2022 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) - Posted 10/12/2022
- 2020 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) - Posted 09/29/2021
- 2022 - 2023 Annual Action Plan Draft - Posted 04/05/2021
- 2020 - 2021 Annual Action Plan - Amended - Posted 01/19/2021
- 2018 - 2019 Annual Action Plan - Amended - Posted 09/17/2020
- Citizen Participation Plan - Posted 06/10/2020
- 2020 - 2024 CNLV Consolidated Plan - Posted 06/10/2020
- FINAL 2018 CONSOLIDATED ANNUAL PERFORMANCE AND EVALUATION REPORT(CAPER) - Posted 02/18/2020
- NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION STRATEGY AREA
- 2018-2019 Consolidated Plan and 2018 Action Plan for Housing and Community Development
- Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH) (.pdf)
- Choice Neighborhood Initiative
- ESG Written Standards
- Citizen Participation Plan 2018 (.pdf)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) & Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Emergency Solutions Grants Program Written Standards (.docx)
- Home Investment Partnership Programs (HOME)
- Homebuyer Assistance Program (.pdf)
- Homelessness (http://helphopehome.org/)
- Single Family Owner Occupied Rehab Program
- Citizen Participation Complaint Process (.docx)